Originating from a 17th century Italian embroidery design, Bargello quilts look incredibly intricate and difficult to make. However, using modern techniques we will show you how to make an easy and impressive quilt. This project would make a fantastic wall hanging, lap quilt or could form the centre of a larger quilt. Using just 20 fabric strips this is a quick and easy project and you should complete your quilt top during the day. The technique only uses straight line piecing so is suitable for beginners as well as more experienced quilters. The workshop includes:
- Strip piecing techniques for precision quilting
- How to achieve the Bargello “wave” and “flame” effects
- Different Bargello quilting designs
- How to place your colours for maximum impact
- Design ideas to extend your project
- Quilting and finishing techniques
We don’t currently have any dates for this workshop however, it is available on request. Please contact us if you are interested in attending and we will add you to the list of delegates.