Do you have you a sewing machine but you’re not quite sure what to do with it? Did your machine come with a selection of presser feet and “bits and bobs” that you’ve never explored? If so, then our one day workshop is just the thing for you to get the very best out of your machine. Perfect for beginners and those with experience who are yet to explore the full capability of their machines. General sewing techniques and tricks of the trade are an integral part of this popular workshop.
- The workshop includes:
- Getting to know your machine – what are all the dials/buttons/switches for?
- Machine presser feet and what they are used for
- Sewing machine needles and what they are used for
- Threading your machine and winding bobbins correctly
- Understanding sewing machine tension, how it works and how to get it right
- Stitch sampler and altering stitches
- Inserting Zips
- Sewing on buttons
- Adding designs with appliqué
- Make a small zipped bag to take home
The workshop includes all materials and requirements for the day.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all of our workshops are currently on hold. We are optimistic that we will be fully open from Autumn 2020. To be added to the waiting list for this workshop, please go to the “how to book” page and enter your details